Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung side by side door and the freezer door is…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung side by side door and the freezer door is making a knocking sound when you open and close.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model # RSG257AARS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, probably need an experienced peson, thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When can I have it repair

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If its making a knocking noise when you open the door then its going to be the hinge cam at the bottom thats worn. As the idea of these is when you open the door it lifts up and down but if its worn it doesnt and thats why you are getting the knocking noise.

So as for a repair if you let me know your zip code i can then find you nearist service center for you for repair.