Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag Bravos, fills with water and seems to fill higher

Customer Question

Maytag Bravos, fills with water and seems to fill higher then needed. Water stops flowing and machine instantly drains without atempting tp wash
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old I have replaced the control board and the lid switch
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have been attempting that is why I changed the lid switch the hub was bad so I changed that and I just changed the board still does the same thing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The control will stop filling and pump out if it does not detect the water as it fills. The pressure hose may be plugged so that control cannot measure the air pressure. If you remove the pressure hose from the control at the top, can you blow air through the hose and into the tub?