Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The fan in the freezer doesn't blow and the ice maker

Customer Question
The fan in the...

The fan in the freezer doesn't blow and the ice maker doesn't work but the freezer works good

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Maytag m1txegmyb01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have it apart now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, the icemaker isn't working because the fan isn't running. The icemaker won't work if it doesn't get down below 10ºF (well below 32ºF) so with the fan not blowing the freezer may freeze, but it's not going to be cold enough. Also with the fan not running, the refrigerator section will warm up quickly because the refrigerator cools by stealing air from the freezer section and with no fan running, air won't go down to the refrigerator.

Either way, just replace the evaporator fan motor in the freezer and it should fix all your problems. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for fan motor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

the part is not the right one

The part was re-designed. The old part number you have is W10438708, the new part number is ***** It won't look the same but this is the only fan motor that will work for your unit now.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc