Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We built a new home 3 years ago and had the upgrade GE

Customer Question
We built a new...

We built a new home 3 years ago and had the upgrade GE appliances installed. All function as designed and we are pleased. Our problem is our dishwasher has a terrible smell every few days. We have tried every cure suggested by helpful people on google, to no avail.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3years old this week. Model #PO1750SSF5SS . All dishes placed in washer are without any food, gaskets are clean and nothing in the disposal.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is not broken just smell terrible. I do have cousins that can work on anything, both are engineers.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

These new dishwashers begin to smell like a trash can because they hold water in their base. While there is no way to prevent the odor completely, the best option is to clean out your dishwasher with a product called Dishwasher Magic (nothing else works---trust me I've tried them all). Once you clean it out, the important thing to remember is to not click the dishwasher door shut when the dishwasher is not in use. If you just rest the door closed but don't click it shut, it will vent and dry out so that it doesn't trap moisture inside causing it to smell like trash that needs to be taken out.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?