Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

How do I pull the overload relay off the compressor? My mini

Customer Question

How do I pull the overload relay off the compressor?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My mini fridge just quit working today
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Whirlpool WH35S1Q About 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. It may not be worth a lot if the repair is costly. I am a teacher and this is in my office.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have recess duty i a couple minutes, but I will be back at my computer by 12:35 MST
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Got it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

The relay is just pushed onto the compressor pins.

So if you have the cover off the side of the compressor and can see the relay then use a small flat bladed screwdriver and insert it between the relay and compressor and you can prise it off from there.

Try that and see how it goes as this will get the relay of the compressor from there.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards