Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I pull the overload relay off the compressor? My mini…

Customer Question
How do I pull...

How do I pull the overload relay off the compressor?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My mini fridge just quit working today

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool WH35S1Q About 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. It may not be worth a lot if the repair is costly. I am a teacher and this is in my office.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have recess duty i a couple minutes, but I will be back at my computer by 12:35 MST

Contractor's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

Got it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The relay is just pushed onto the compressor pins.

So if you have the cover off the side of the compressor and can see the relay then use a small flat bladed screwdriver and insert it between the relay and compressor and you can prise it off from there.

Try that and see how it goes as this will get the relay of the compressor from there.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician