Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My milk is getting ice in it. I lowered the temp of the

Customer Question
My milk is...

My milk is getting ice in it. I lowered the temp of the fridge but whether the milk is on the door or the shelf it still is getting ice in it.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a ge profile performance and it is 18 yrs. old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO, Only want to know what it is, can it be a fixable problem or what???

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Do you have the model number please.

no

Ok without a model number im unable to check if the part is still availble on this.

But if its getting to cold in the fridge section then its either the thermostat if its a thermostat controled or the air damper if electronic. As if its elelctronic controled then theres an air damper in the fridge that opens up to allow the cold air to enter the fridge. If this fails then it stay open so it then gets too cold and causes this fault here.

But if its mechnical controled then its going to be the thermostat as this isnt controling the temperture in there.

But to be honest ou can normally still get ge parts on older appliances so i would think this can still be repaired here for you as i dont think there will be an issue getting parts for this still.