Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a samsung RB195 ABPN fridge that is not cooling

Customer Question
either in the fridge or...
I have a samsung RB195 ABPN fridge that is not cooling either in the fridge or the freezer. I replaced the main board the bottom fan is spinning but the fan inside the fridge is not. The temp. are in the 60's on both.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: no
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

ok i see you said the fan inside the unit is not spinning. Now have you inspected it to make sure its not ice built up around it? If there is no ice and the fan just went bad then of course the fan motor will need to be replaced. Now what about your compressor in the back is it running? Is it running hot or warm?

I replaced the fan motor and the compressor is running and so is the bottom fan near the compressor. I just went to check on it and the tempature in the fridge is 80 and the freezer is 68. So replacing the main board was a not the answer and replacing the fan motor was not the answer. Any suggestions?

well i didn't suggest that you replace the main control board but I do need to know if your compressor is running hot or warm?

I know you didn't tell me to replace the main board, I did that before I got on here. I did go check the compressor and it is running and I would say warm, I can touch it and does't feel hot at all. There are several lines coming out and I touch a couple of them, one seams colder then the others but not overly cold. The temperature in the refrigerator is 68 which it has come down from yesterday after putting in the new fan, but the freezer is also 68.

ok have you checked to see if there is any built up ice on the condenser coils behind the freezer wall panel?

No ice build up, it has been moved to the garage and was unplugged for several days. I even took a vacuum to the condenser coils and cleaned them.

the only thing that makes sense to me is there has to be a leak in the compressor. EVerything is working as it should so its not a board problem. The fans are working and the compressor is running its just not getting the unit cold. So there has to be a leak which will have to be checked out by a certified tech.

Ok thanks

you are very welcome. Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician