Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have ge ice maker CAN 29, water not filling. Seemed like…

Customer Question
Have ge ice maker...

Have ge ice maker CAN 29, water not filling. Seemed like heater coils were hot yesterday but not now. Have not replaced filer, but it is over due, but water flows fine in water dispenser. I now I can get new one on amazon for 100 bucks. Any ideas before I do that?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

CAN29 about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Has been working about 3days ago, still a few cubes in tray

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And CAN 29 is NOT a GE model number!

Is in a GE frig
DR. No. 197D7636G004
WR30X10093
MODEL CAN29

Here is a video to help you find the correct FULL model number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJI_8_Tjplw

THE model on Amazon that looks identical is WR 30X1009
3
WR 30X10093

That is the part number of the ice maker !!

I need the model number of the REFRIGERATOR the ice maker is in!!

Never mind..I am going to replace filter, check water flow and then buy new one if necessary. Thanks anyway

you have more to the ice maker water system then just the ice maker and the water filter!!

the icemaker is only a vessel to hold the water that is brought into it until it freezes into cubes.

Frig is GSHS5KGXDCSS

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

OK if you open the freezer door let`s feel in the top of the icemaker (where the cube cavities are) do you feel any water or ice in those cube cavities ?

Actually, there were not any last night. But I did a reset on the system (YouTube video) and now there were cubes coming out. I think the handle to turn off the maker was stuck back. Going to let it run for a while..thanks for help

ok Great.

Also when you DO change the water filter ,make sure you turn the ice maker OFF before you do replace the water filter. Then just turn the icemaker back on .

And if you have any questions later on just reply back to me!