Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

I am needing to get back to the coin operated washer, model

Customer Question

I am needing to get back to the coin operated washer, model CHW9900WQ0. F20 error code unplugged machine for more than "5"minutes but, when I plug it back in the display briefly shows sync then back to F20. Press & held the Cold selector button. Back on 12 August 2017, a previous Expert suspected that I have an issue with the control board. I found a supplier that can get me a control board but he asked which one? He says there are two. One with the display and the other one on the side wall. Which one controls the clearing of the F20 error code. And is there a way to test it to make sure I am replacing the right part?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok so the error you are getting has to do with a water problem. See error below

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The problem is it won't clear by unplugging for even over night. As soon as you plug in. It displays SYNC then within that minute it displays F20 for about another minute then " out" "order" then back to "F20" and cycles between out order & F20.
I can't clear that F20. The water inlet valve was changed & the CCU on the side wall. No change in symptoms!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

now the pressure switch can cause this to happen as well. Have you tried testing that part?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do you test or jumper the pressure switch?
I can't buy a pressure switch to test. I bought a CCU just to find it didn't change anything. When I was working with Master Tech I asked about pressure switch & using a jumper to eliminate it from being the problem. Any switch can be jumped to bypass. See the picture of the discussion I have added.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am finished.
Problem not resolved
Can't rate!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I will send this in to be cancelled since it seems you don't want to work with me any longer. I did try to assist you. I messaged you on the 9th and am just hearing back almost 4 days later.

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

The issue is to do with water inlet

Check through this for a series of TROUBLESHOOTING

Especially note

To remove the f20 error code from the Whirlpool display panel, press Pause/Cancel 2 times.

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To Webb Guy
Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, (9th -today the 12th). However, I waited from the 1st til the 8th before getting a response. Whirpool Master Tech refer it to another tech. On the September 1 & got a message to expect a response in 24 hrs. On September the 8th I finally got that response. Do you think that's all I have to work on is this. I have had many other things in the works not to mention Hurricane Harvey here in South Texas. Then my sisters & there families live in Florida (Tampa & Melbourne) !
I work on many things everyday and have been concentrating on those & have not gotten back to that. I travel about 150 miles a day. But in the last 24rs, I have logged 280 miles. Just finished my week of on-call which comes every three weeks. So I am sorry for not getting right back to you sooner. I am sure you have other things also. It is still important to me. There has been the time.
That was a misprint! It should have read "I am not finished " I didn't respond back sooner because I could not devote the time on those days.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To Martyn Lioyd
This is a Commercial Coinoperated machine. No pause cancel selector switch. Whirpool Master Tech said the cold water selector switch would clear but it did not! Then unplug machine for 5 minutes or more. All of this has been done with no change.