Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I don't have an hvac ?, I have a problem with a restaurant…

I don't have an...

I don't have an hvac ?, I have a problem with a restaurant exhaust fan problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm an electrician and I have been working on this.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fan wasn't working due to bearing failure it had a leeson motor on it, we

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/8/2017
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, was it the bearings in the Leeson motor that failed, or the blower shaft bearings? If you can attach a photo of the bearings taken from about 5 feet away so that I can see the whole area I will coach you on the repairs. . Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the pictures to me.

.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits and in as much depth as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Phil
Phil, Shop owner