Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cabrio Washer Model No. WTW7800XWO, the top load lip glass

Customer Question

Cabrio Washer Model No. WTW7800XWO
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the top load lip glass has separated from the body and there is a crack in the frame. Help?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial No. CO3870216
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Serial No. CO3870216 - approximately 6 yrs old. The glass top has separated from its lid
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No calls - please advise if part available and identify the part and someone who can install it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately I've seen about half a dozen of these fail just like this out in the field. To fix is to just replace the lid. One lady asked me to try to just repair the existing lid but after 3 visits there was no epoxy that would hold for a permanent fix so whether you wanted to repair the existing lid or not, that is really not a choice. The lid is about $200 so it's not cheap at all. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for lid assembly

If you didn't want to install it yourself, you can call 1.***-***-**** and Whirlpool can tell you who is available in your area and schedule you an appointment. If you did want to replace it yourself, just open the lid and look for the screws coming in from the side of the lid down by the hinges. Remove these screws and pull the lid off, then screw the new lid back in place.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.