Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My hw dispenser is not heating up I have tried the plug it…

Customer Question
My hw dispenser...

My hw dispenser is not heating up I have tried the plug it wiorks. I was away and didn't use for awhile then turned on and water was brown. let it run until clear but now it doesn't get hot. I am 4 months out of warranty it is an insinkerator HWT f1000s

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About a month, but I was gone and now that I'm home I want it to work and like I said it is 4 months out of warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could if its an easy fix but is it fixable??

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it just need to know if its corroded with no hope or fixable?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You could have a failed heater or the unit has a safety thermostat that may be bad so the unit can not heat.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing