Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool front loading washing machine that won't…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool front loading washing machine that won't open. Red light on controls lock/unlock on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Whirlpool duet system 4.4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Door is in the locked position

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The red Control lock light is telling you that you have the controls locked so you can not use the control do do anything.

To unlock the control press and hold the cycle signal button for three seconds if this model has one that is .

And the controls should unlock .

The press start pause twice and let me know if the door unlocks or not.

But the Control lock has nothing ot do with the door being locked ,it just locks the controls.