Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Top Loader washer GTW680 - select cycle, power on,

Customer Question
My GE Top Loader...

My GE Top Loader washer GTW680 - select cycle, power on, start, water starts to fill, sensing is scrolling, lid locks, but basket will not turn, display scrolls END and the stop spin is displayed directly below the lock lid. I have unplugged, waited 2 minutes or more 3 x, but still does the same thing when try to restart.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe it to be about 1 year old, GTW680BSJ1WS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what is wrong, I just paid for the washer bought from someone else, only had it since last Saturday, 9/2. It has worked great up until today.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2017
Appliance Technician: AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

Are you sure the door locks?

Lid locks, sensing starts, basket does not turn. I can turn basket manually which tells me it is not locked up when I cancel everything and open lid