AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have a whirlpool dryer gold ultra II and my dryer turns on

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dryer gold ultra II and my dryer turns on but is not heating. My problem is I do not know how to take the back panel off. I remove the screws but the panel seems to be bonded on still? How do you remove the back panel to replace the fuse? thanking you... Help.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, the model number is: GEQ9800PW1
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial number is: MR4019479
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay. Please allow me a few moments to review your question.

The back panel cannot be removed on this unit. You will need to access from the front.

The lower panel can be removed using a flat head screwdriver.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!