Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We purchased a Whilrpool DesignerStyle refrigerator. We were…

Customer Question
We purchased a Whilrpool...

We purchased a Whilrpool DesignerStyle refrigerator. We were able to connect the ice maker and it worked. However, now if is not making any more ice. Should the cut off arm be up or down and the door to the ice maker be closed for proper operation?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

2 years old. I don't know the make/model. Where can I find that info on the appliance itself?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It was working this morning. However, someone may have moved the arm; that is why I asked the question. Regardless, I will not do the work myself, but hopefully the only issue is the position of the shutoff arm

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.