John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a model 9611 vi refrigerator we had installed in

Customer Question

We have a model 9611 vi refrigerator we had installed in 2011. The refrigerator motor is constantly running and sound as if the fan if hitting on something. I can feel some ice in the upper compartment when I reach my hand back into the opening above the upper shelf. I have turned of the frig for the time being and some condensation is developing
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Model 9611 Vi and it was installed in 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if I can help it....or I can if is an easy solution once the problem is diagnosed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The motor stops when the door is opened.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 1 month ago.

If you are after local Tech support, can you please provide your location zipcode and the Make of the fridge so we can direct you... or the shop where it was bought may have their own Support team

Do you know the Warranty period ? This is often 3-5 years for whitegoods, so it may well be covered

There may be a gassing depressurisation problem causing the unit to power constantly