Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My bosch dishwasher will not come on, about 3 years old,

Customer Question

My bosch dishwasher will not come on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. is there a way to reset is?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: after the last load, there was water remaining in the bottom of the dishwasher
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The only way to reset the unit is to kill power to it at the breaker for 5 minutes then restore power, the unit should reset and drain the remaining water out of the unit, if not try hitting the cancel button and that should make the unit drain and reset for a new cycle, if not there is a component failure of some sort that will have to be diagnosed, let me know what happens and I can help further, thanks.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still doesn't work. But the service that you provided was great. Thank you

I tried to accept your phone call request but the payment for the service failed for whatever reason. Is the drain pump coming on at all, or is there no power to the controls etc?