Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have the Samsung French door refrigerator with ice maker

Customer Question

I have the Samsung French door refrigerator with ice maker and I am trying to set temperature for refrigerator and freezer and it returns to OF. It will let me put a temp but then automatically shows OF. Help please need my fridge working. It was working fine earlier today
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i have to I need it repaired quick
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Press the Lighting button and the Freezer button at the same time for 3 seconds until “Ding-dong” sounds or press and hold down both the far left top and bottom button on the display panel at the same time until you hear the chime/ding sound and it should clear the code from the display and reset the unit. If none of the above works let me know and we will go from there in the meantime please read below, thanks.

Now that I have given you an initial answer to your question I would ask at this time that you go ahead and rate my assistance because we are not compensated for our time unless you do. Even after you have rated I will continue to help you at no charge if you have any follow up questions. You rate my assistance by clicking on one of the empty stars located at the top right of your question page on Just Answer. The 5th star to the right is the best rating and I hoped I have earned that. If you are using a mobile phone and can't locate the star rating system scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find it there. Thank you for seeing to this at this time and then if you have any follow up questions please let me know. Rating my assistance will in no way affect the charges for this service.