Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model No WRS322FDAB05 S/N HR64765690, Ice maker does not

Customer Question

Model No WRS322FDAB05 S/N HR64765690
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Ice maker does not make much ice. Is there an adjustment to increase the output?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpoo Model No. WRS322FDAB05. Less than 1 year old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I won't know that until I have an idea about what must be done.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The only adjustment to make ice faster is to turn the freezer colder. The quicker the water get down to 10ºF in the ice mold (this is far below 32º needed for water to turn into ice), the icemaker will cycle and dump the ice. So the speed at which the icemaker freezes the ice and cycles is directly related to the temperature you have the freezer set at. Typically the freezer should be right at 0ºF, but you can set it even colder if you want it to make ice quicker.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The adjustment of the temperature setting had no impact on the production of ice. It still only cycles a few times a day and never reaches even half capacity.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK then again, either the icemaker is bad, or the temperature isn't cold enough. You need a thermostat to check the temperature. Just because you adjust the settings doesn't mean the freezer is cooling properly.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.