Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Icemaker overfills, Intermittently for some time, If I can,

Customer Question
Icemaker overfills Contractor's Assistant:...

Icemaker overfills

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Intermittently for some time

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, and with your 'pearls' of wisdom. ūüėĄ

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Samsung rs275acwp
No
The ice comes out as a solid block with the cubes attached

Is the fill consistently overfilling, always the same sized cubes? Or does it seem to fill less or more at times?

Same sized cubes.

Okay, so the issue is that the valve is getting the signal to fill for too long, not that it is not sealing off. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The video at the link below shows how the ice maker is replaced. That is the part that control the amount of time the water is on for every harvest. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

I appreciate your response but it seems there should be a simpler, cheaper repair than just replacing the entire unit. What about adjusting the amount of water that flows into the trey each time? That is obviously what is wrong. I can call my home warranty company to replace the entire part and pay less. I was hoping for a more reasonable solution than just getting advice to replace everything. I am somewhat disappointed.
As Bob Dylan said, I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

I understand, unfortunately there is no water adjust on these electronic modules. I will see if another may have some other suggestions that you will find more appealing.