Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE microwave is flashing and beeping and showing E-11. What

Customer Question

GE microwave is flashing and beeping and showing E-11. What should I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My mistake! It is a Kenmore Elite. Just moved in. Home was built in 2010.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is super easy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was boiling water on the stove a few minutes before the problem started. just under the microwave.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

E11 means that the humidity sensor in the microwave has shorted out. Now if you were boiling water and didn't have the vent on, just unplug the microwave and give it 24 hours to allow the unit to dry out. Usually that will fix the problem once it's dry. If you still get the error, you'd need a technician to replace the sensor because it requires you to uninstall the microwave and remove the outer shell to access the part.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?