Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our dryer drum does not turn. Heat and fan are working. Belt

Customer Question

our dryer drum does not turn. Heat and fan are working. Belt seems to be fine. Sears model 110.62822101, serial MRO411148.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: sears model***********JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what seems to the problem causing the drum not to turn?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you hear the motor running or is the dryer completely silent?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The belt needs to be replaced, even if it appears to be fine but the drum is not turning. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!