Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a Tourchtronic Miele Washer W4840. And have a message

Customer Question

I have a Tourchtronic Miele Washer W4840. And have a message stating that the drain is clogged. I washed towels that had tassels that came apart and is causing the clog. Is this something we can unclog or do I need a repairman to do this. If we can do this, then how?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I can't remember. The NR # 40/69619065. Does that help? Possiblly 10+ yrs.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Rather have a repairman unless it is something simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Front load washer. Type HW14 if that is helpfull
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

The blockage on these is usually in the pump and filter chamber itself.

If you look at the bottom right corner of the front of washer there you will see a round cover.

Open this and behind there is the filter.

Place a shallow tray under there and slacken the filter and slowly drain the water from there.

Once all the water is out you need to then fully remove the filter and give it a good clean out.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in the back there is the pump impeller, Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and im sure that will cure the fault from there.

Let me know how it goes.