Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool steam dryer that is 2 years old. We

I have a whirlpool steam dryer that is 2 years old. We noticed a nice in the vent and it sounded like water was in there. My husband disconnected the venting "tube" and did see water inside. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 2 years old. It is a Whirlpool Duet Steam
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband may. We called an appliance place here and they said if it is a vent issue to call a chimney sweep. Then I asked if they couldn't help and they said it is $100 to come out and look and then any parts labor would be extra. They weren't very helpful
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it. The vent I am referring to is that aluminum foil like hose that comes out of the back of the dryer. Sorry; i don't know what that is called.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're getting water accumulating inside the vent behind the dryer and not inside the drum, this only occurs if the vent through your house is getting clogged or the hose behind the dryer is kinked. You'll need to have someone come out and clean the vent through your house if you don't find something obviously clogged at the end of your vent on the outside of your house or a kinked hose behind the dryer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

Not a problem but I'm very sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I unclogged the dryer line. Thank you

No problem and glad I could help! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

.