John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GSW9800PW0 fills, but will not begin the agitation cycle.

Customer Question

My GSW9800PW0 fills, but will not begin the agitation cycle. What part is "bummed out" and needs replacing?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No matter what I do, it will not stat agitating. Most sources I've check ed out suggest replacing the lid switch assembly. What's it's part number?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The internet is very helpful with repair directions. I think I can do it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So the washer fills and won't agitate, will it drain and spin still?