Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need instructions on installing 4 prong electrical cord to…

Customer Question
I need instructions on...

I need instructions on installing 4 prong electrical cord to dryer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidaire washer/dryer combined unit. I have found 4 different numbers on it but none Saye "model number"

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have wired several dryers over the last 50 years but all had instructions.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ther is currently a 3 prong conector installed but our new home required a 4 prong vonnector which I have never done

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

if you open the dryer door the units model /serial number should be on the inner face frame.

FFLE1O11MW2

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

jUST SEND ME A WIRING DIGRAM. THATS ALL I NEED
Hello, are you still there?
Woody I'm about to get upset and someone is going to hear about it.

ok that is NOT coming up as a good model number.

But I think I can assist you with out it.

On the dryer terminal block you have three terminals an L1 which is normally Black wires .

An L2 which is Red wires .

A Neutral which is White wires.

And the green or chassis ground

So can you send me a photo of the plug end of the cord by chance?

Did you not see my post of ((Thank you! Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model ))?

No I didn't give me a minute to go check wiring color secquence
I can't tell without taking off the cable and striping cover of each wire. There three major wires going to three main connector and a seperat white wire going somewhere
Where would I send the photo? email or test?
text

just use the attachment icon (paper clip) to send a photo with this CHAT.

no I need a photo of the plug end of the new cord !!

does the plug end of the cord look like this photo?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5707156_f520.jpg

I can take a photo of the plug end of the new cord and the wiring end but I don't know how to use the icon paper clip onthis CHAT.

please see my last post reply to you!!

Is that what the end of your cord look like?

Are you still with me?

ok when or if you return I will be here!

that is the cable

ok Great !

Looking at the plug end of the cord as shown in the photo the far left and right FLAT blades are L1 and L2

L1 is Black wire And L2 is the Red wire.

The center lower L blade is Neutral White

The center top Round blade is Ground.

So now to the rear of the dryer to hook the wires up .

It should have a Black wire from the dryer wire harness on one side of the terminal block ,and the opposite side of the terminal block should be RED .

The center terminal should be White .

So with the cord in place and ready to hook to the terminal black put the Red cord wire on the Red terminal on the terminal block

Put the Black cord wire on the Black terminal; block

The white wire from the cord to the center terminal block .and the you have the green (ground wire) from the left find a screw that is next to the terminal block that screws directly to the metal chassis and remove it and put the green cord wire on the screw.

So then you have Black to Black on one side of the terminal block .The Red to Red on the opposite side of the terminal block ,the white to the white (CENTER) terminal on the terminal block and the ground green to the metal chassis.

It should end up like this .

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5706855_f520.jpg

Now in this photo the red is a light blue but on your model Frigidaire uses Red .Black ,White wires on the terminal block .

And if you have any questions just reply back to me!

the only difference between a three wire and a four wire is you have the green ground wire going to the metal chassis.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
Master Tech