Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I disconnect the water line from the refrigerator…

Customer Question
How do I disconnect...

How do I disconnect the water line from the refrigerator model SRD21

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

SRD21VL about 17 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to disconnect thewater line for a new frig

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you pull the refrigerator forward, you'll need to start by turning the water off to the refrigerator. Next, follow the water line to the bottom of the refrigerator in the far back left corner. There is a valve that looks like the part in the picture I attached below. I drew a red arrow to where the water line connects from your house to this valve. Just use a crescent wrench and unscrew the water line from the valve counter-clockwise. Then you can just unplug the refrigerator out and remove the refrigerator so that you can install the new one.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

we just got it disconnected. won't be needing help. thanks.

ok glad it's all taken care of now.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?