Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmorefront loader, 1 yr old. The sensor

Good morning. I have a Kenmore(###) ###-####front loader, 1 yr old. The sensor indicating the door isn't fully closed keeps buzzing. I have checked the owner's manual and have cleared it, but it doesn't seem to be fully locking when I close the door, none of the latch pieces seem to broken. help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it last year and I included the model above
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depending on how extensive it is, I am willing to try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had company over the weekend who wanted to wash some items before they left and interrupted the cycle a few times to add last minute items but I think just opened the door rather than hitting pause.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately these latches on this model tend to just get weak and fail. Open the door and make sure the 2 plastic prongs on the door itself aren't broken. If that checks good, the latch would need to be replaced. If it's less than a year old, call Sears and have them come out and replace the latch under warranty. If it's not under warranty then below is a link to the latch you'd need to order and replace for your model.

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model.

CLICK HERE for latch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?