Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Maytag refrigeratpr's freezer compartment is not working…

Customer Question
Our Maytag refrigeratpr's freezer...

Our Maytag refrigeratpr's freezer compartment is not working and food is spoiling. However, the top part of the refrigerator is working fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 8-12 years old. It is mod MBB1956HEW and USTED household 65A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if the work ks very simple

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the freezer drawer and look at the back wall inside the freezer, do you see ice or frost build up on the back wall? Also do you hear a fan running inside the freezer section?