John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our Maytag refrigeratpr's freezer compartment is not working

Customer Question

Our Maytag refrigeratpr's freezer compartment is not working and food is spoiling. However, the top part of the refrigerator is working fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 8-12 years old. It is mod MBB1956HEW and USTED household 65A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can if the work ks very simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you open the freezer drawer and look at the back wall inside the freezer, do you see ice or frost build up on the back wall? Also do you hear a fan running inside the freezer section?