Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

John. A while ago, I noticed the temperature readout on the

Customer Question

Hello, John. A while ago, I noticed the temperature readout on the front of our french door refrigerator showed "FF" rather than the usual 37°. The "manual" for this unit is very poorly written and does not address odd readouts. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Purchased new, July, 2014. ModelRF28NMEDBSR.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Umm. . . what work, Pearl? I hope to push some reset buttons and be back on track!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just, what does "FF" mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So your unit has went into demo mode for some reason. Try to exit by press and holding the FREEZER and ALARM button together for 5 seconds. if that doesn't work, try to reset the board by press and holding the ENERGY SAVER and ALARM button together for 5 seconds. Hopefully one of those works because if not, the front display board will need to be ordered and replaced because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.