Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Pilot has flame but a burner isn't getting the flame. About…

Customer Question
Pilot has flame but...

Pilot has flame but a burner isn't getting the flame

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I think it's an old wedgewood

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the pilot is getting flame, there is a metal sensor probe with a long wire connected to it that the pilot flame touches when the pilot light is on. Remove this probe and try to sand it with fine sand paper so that it shines again. Hopefully this will be able to sense the flame better. Re-install the sensor and try the oven again. If the pilot turns on for 2 minutes but it still won't turn the burner on, that thermocouple sensor would need to be replaced because it's not sensing that the pilot is on.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?