Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator KFIS25XVMS2 and it has

Customer Question
I have a kitchenaid...

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator KFIS25XVMS2 and it has stopped working, display over ice/water dispenser shows wavy lines

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 to 7 years old, KFIS25XVMS2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced the touchpad, and still get the same wavy lines on the screen and refrig does not work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 9 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is actually a problem with the main control board on the back of the entire refrigerator behind an 8" x 8" access panel. That board will need to be replaced so below is a link to the part, plus you'll need to program the board so I'll give you the instructions on how to do that as well.

CLICK HERE for control board

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled (Up/Down arrows). LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Half a second later Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Keep holding the 2 keypads for 2 seconds then release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad. Now release the LL keypad.

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode no OOOO after it). If it doesn't show just PE then you have to re-try steps 1-4 again.

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- If the code is correct (4 digit code number is ***** on the model sticker near the ceiling inside the refrigerator), press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc