Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a problem with the ice maker have followed all advise

Customer Question

I have a problem with the ice maker have followed all advise in the manual. We went on an extended vacation and turned the icemaker off for two weeks when we got back it would not work. after turning it on the tray just tilts with a loud click and then goes to leve again.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: model number LFX28968
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I am calling about an icemaker in the LFX28968**
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we went on an extended vacation a cruse we were gone two weeks during that time the Ice Maker was turned off as a precaution. this trip was 2years ago in February. I have tried all the suggested fixes listed in the owners manual with no luck.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No pleas connect me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like your fill tube above the icemaker may have frozen. Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the icemaker. First, make sure the ice compartment area is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the ice compartment is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why don't you give me your number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There is an additional $24 fee to speak by phone if you wanted to speak by phone, but I have already written out the instructions for you which has no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK let me try this. I will follow the possible fixes that you suggested above and if that does not work I will call again. You are asking me to pay $29.00. For live chat?? Perhaps next time. You have all the cards on your table I don't like that. I like the refrigerator very much but I do not care for the customer service. If you want to you can return my $5.00 or I will be happy to stop payment.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, that's something the site offers, I didn't offer a phone option. You are just paying for my text answer I already gave you. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?