Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I installed a new Bosch dishwasher yesterday. The first time…

Customer Question
I installed a new...

I installed a new Bosch dishwasher yesterday. The first time I turned the breaker on, I got an error message (E15). I researched and found that I needed to tilt the machine to drain it. After the machine failed to respond, I called the 800 number and was told that the pan needed to dry out and to give it a day or two.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new. Model number SHS863WD5N.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I flip the breaker, I hear an empty kind of sucking sound at the bottom of the unit that lasts for about 30 seconds before it stops. Nothing happens when push the on button.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error E15 means that the dishwasher thinks there is water in the base pan. If your dishwasher isn't leaking into the base pan, then it sounds like your styrofoam puck under the tub along the left side probably just got stuck in the up position during shipping making the dishwasher think that it's got water in the base pan. Pull the dishwasher forward, remove the left side panel and locate the styrofoam puck. Just make sure it's seated all the way down against the floor and you should be good to go again. If you've got water in the base pan, then you have a leak so call warranty.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.