Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIDGERATOR MODEL NUMBER MZD2766GEB WHICH…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MAYTAG...

I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIDGERATOR MODEL NUMBER MZD2766GEB WHICH HAS THE REAR PLASTIC SUPPORTS FOR THE TOP DRAWER BROKEN. I HAVE TRIED TO GET THE REPLACEMENT PARTS BUT THE ONLY ONES THEY SEEM TO HAVE ARE A UNIVERSAL PLASTIC THING THAT REQUIRES A SCREW TO FASTEN IT TO THE FRIDGE WALL WHICH I CANNOT DO BECAUSE THE ONLY THING IN THE HOLE IS INSULATION AND NOTHING TO FASTEN IT TO. THE PART THAT IS BROKEN DOES NOT EVEN LOOK THE SAME. HOW CAN I GET THE PROPER PART SO MY SHELF THAT SITS ON TOP OF THE DRAWER DOES NOT COLLAPSE.??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MODEL# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

HAVE NO IDEA HOW OLD WAS IN HOUSE WHEN I BOUGHT IT

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO JUST NEED THE DARN PART. AM 78 YEARS OLD FEMALE AND FRUSTRATED

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Tyler I do not text but can email
no I am hard of hearing and do better on email

There are only 2 kinds of shelf supports sold for this refrigerator. It sounds like you have already ordered and tried the one with the screw down the center and that wasn't the correct one so here is a link to the other kind I believe you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for shelf support