Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

It seems like most of the buttons on my Maytag dishwasher…

Customer Question
It seems like most...

It seems like most of the buttons on my Maytag dishwasher aren't working. It will only due a select few operations like Quick Rinse. It also turns on on its own sometimes

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2015 MDB7749SBM3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this issue is a very common one for this model. The problem is that steam was causing the touchpad to fail over time so Whirlpool re-designed the touchpad for Maytag since they own Maytag now. You'll need to replace the entire touch control panel to fix the issue and that is about $130, but it's fairly easy to replace and only takes about 30 minutes. They of course did not recall the dishwasher as I believe they probably should have for this issue. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.