Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag epic z washing machine that gives me an

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag epic z washing machine that gives me an error code f-21. I have removed and cleaned the filter which had a penny, paper clips and a little bit of lint. I tried running it again and it wants to run with a few rotations then gives me the f-21 code again. Could it be that the pump is shot or the line plugged? Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Possibly where to best place to get the parts would be. I can pick the parts up as I have wet laundry I'd like to complete the cycle on. I'm near Fresno, CA

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the washer is really not draining, then yes you need to replace the drain pump at this point since you already cleared the drain catch and it still won't drain. On the other hand if it drains all the water out but you're getting an error, then your pressure switch isn't reading the water level properly so the pressure switch would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.