Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire made by Electrolux oven/range, model…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire made by Electrolux oven/range, model PLES389DCC with a glass top. I was replacing a burner (surface element), but my electrical box was labeled incorrectly and it wasn't powered off. One of the surface element switched hit the steel over door handle and sparked. So I subsequently replaced that switch, the control panel and the control board and clock. Everything is installed and all the wiring looks good, but it won't power back on. What could be the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes, built in 2004.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I have a Volt-Ohm meter, but haven't used it in a long time.

ok and just to be 100% sure your not getting any component to operate , no clock ,no cooktop burner operation at all correct?

correct

Ok so the first thing we need to do is to check the incoming voltage to the stove at the outlet or the terminal block where the cord attaches to the oven.

You will have three test points , testing the terminal block you have three wires on the oven a Black ,White and a Red ,so test the black to the white , you should get 120 volts A/C

Testing from Red to White you will also get 120 volts A/C .

Then from Red to Black you should get 240 volts A/C if you do not have these voltages at these points then the issue is NOT with in the range ,but it is a household electrical issue of the incoming electricity to the range.

And if you do not get these voltages , go to your circuit breaker box and turn the range breaker off and back on then do the tests a second time .if you still do NOT have those voltages you will need an electrician to look at the house electrical system to the range from the circuit breakers box .

The testing of the Black to white and the Red to white does not matter which of your meter leads are on which color wire. just make sure that your meter is on a A/C voltage setting and it is on a scale above 240 volts. , and it you have an auto ranging meter you do not need to worry about the voltage scale just that you have the meter set for A/C voltage and it may be a wavy line also on your meter.

And of course if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Semester classes have begin this week so I should be online from 9:15A.M. ish to 5 P.M. EST