Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer door is locked but will do nothing but run and no…

Customer Question
Washer door is locked...

Washer door is locked but will do nothing but run and no wash cycle is activatedand i cannot get the door to unock

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I dont own it butit looks pretty new. There is no model number o the front of it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to get the door open

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When i turned the cycle on the water was turned off. When i realized it there was an error code but did not know what it meant

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This error means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having the water turned on. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?