Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home Appliance Technician at AST Enterprises
93058382

I have a GE avocado double electric wall oven but the serial

Customer Question

I have a GE avocado double electric wall oven but the serial # plate was taken off before I bought the house. The house was built in 1974. I would like to replace parts. I have two photos so you can identify serial # and model # for me. I hope I can then order parts. Let me know if I can send you the photos and how to do it - thanks - Suzannah Thomas
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: All I can tell you is that it is a P7 - the model # was on the metal plate that also held the serial # so I don't have that either. Since the house was built in 1974 I can say only that it was a 1974 model or older.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no - I will hire a GE appliance person. If you have one to suggest in San Antonio, TX that works on "vintage" ovens I would love to have info. I have done research online and can't find any that identify themselves that way. Again I can send photos which would help y'all identify model/serial #'s
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You have all the info available to me. No manual was left at house.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you out with your appliance questions.

Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 month ago.

Most parts for this kind of oven are not available. But a technician might be able to look up the part number.

Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 month ago.

I say that due to the color. Can you send a picture of the oven?

Expert:  Stefan T replied 1 month ago.

Your best bet to get a GE Technician is to go here.

I will be glad to give you more advice if needed. Else please rate my work.