Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Second opinion] My ice maker does not fill with ice like it…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My ice...

Second opinion] My ice maker does not fill with ice like it used to? Filter is relatively new, and the water fill for glasses is fine. Unit is on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

How to double check thermo and units filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The temp control will go to -9 on freezer every so often. I change freezer setting to like-6 and that will work sometimes reset it back to normal after awhile. I recently moved the unit out and cleaned behind and under

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

and do you mean that the icemaker does not fill the ice storage container?