Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My mom got a new one and we can't figure out how to use the

Customer Question

my mom got a new one and we can't figure out how to use the rinse aid dispenser-it says to turn dispenser cap and lift off-i've tried and cannot get that plug will not come out.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: since they got it a few months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just instructions on how to get that cap off
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WDF780SADW2
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Perfect thank you. So yes, that blue cap you should just be able to twist it counter-clockwise to unscrew the cap, then pull up and remove it. It might be sticking from the factory due to the seal on the cap but you can try to grab the center vane with pliers or something and pull up after you have turned it counter clockwise. If it won't removed, call warranty because something is wrong. Their number is *****

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?