Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Hope so, I have a jen air stove and the oven goes on but…

Customer Question
Hope so, I have...

Hope so, I have a jen air stove and the oven goes on but goes off after a couple minutes. This is a gas stove and I am not sure who to call??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Will check on model but it is about 5-7 yrs old!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really unless it is something simple! Fuse??

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The vent stopped working first! Would not go on and would say "warmer drawer" in red!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 11 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this isn't probably a simple fix. If the unit is going off after a couple minutes, you could have an issue with your display board (if it reverts back to showing the time of day), or possibly a bad igniter (if it acts like it's trying to heat but the burner just doesn't turn on). You can try to unplug the stove or flip the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If not, then you'll want to call 1.***-***-**** to see who is available in your area because it sounds like you'll need a part replaced to resolve this issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?