John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer stopped seemingly in the spin cycle. It is full of

Customer Question

My washer stopped seemingly in the spin cycle. It is full of water. When I push the knob in to engage the spin cycle, all I get is a hum. I think I know what the challenge is, but, I would like your answer first!
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Kenmore 80 is all I could track down.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model number is ***** is that helps. Serial number is ***** I do not plan on doing the work myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would guess that it is 5 years or older. That's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Well if the unit is full of water it first has to drain before it will spin .

And if it is humming I would suspect that you have something stuck in the drain pump that is causing the jam and allowing the motor to just hum .

And if that IS the case you will need to bail the water out of the washer and then remove the cabinet to gain access to the drain pump.

If you have any questions just replay back to me!