Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our commercial washing machine is showing F21 and says out

Customer Question

Our commercial washing machine is showing F21 and says out of order. What could be the problem?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Maytag Model MHN30PRCWWO, Type 493, Serial # C52860058
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If the instructions are clear...LOL
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Other than, how long would it take to have an expert come to our Centre at 185 Industrial Pkwy. N., Aurora, ON
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

F21 means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.