Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Unable to drain and spin maytag bravos model number

Customer Question
Unable to drain and...

Unable to drain and spin maytag bravos model number mvwb980bw washer

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Mvwb980bw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Iwashing a dogs bed it came uo with a code ul

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The ul code is an overload error code.

Which a dog bed would make the unit to be out of balance.

Have you removed the dog bed and then tried to run the unit?

and you might also unplug the unit for over 5 minutes to REBOOT the electronic control board.

This machine is smart enough to recognize when it will be in an excessive out of balance spin and stop itself before the unit is torn up from the excess vibration of an out of balance spin .

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

have tried that both things

"Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

Ok when you unplugged the unit for the over 5 minutes did you STILL have the ul in the display?

no code appears now tried to turn swich to drain and rinse shows 13 minutes nothing happens

did the lid even TRY to lock , this time?

lid is ulocked
no ul display

ok So then does that mean that it NEVER even tried to lock?

water in tub tried to drain and spin

Ok I need yo to answer the questions that I ask you , or we will not get any where!

Did the lid lock or even try to lock?

only if I push start pause button twice

ok and when you push the start button twice the unit DOES lock the lid (the lid lock light comes one ) and it does or does NOT drain and then spin?

lid locks every time I push star and pause button twice
does not drain and spin
does not drain and then spin

ok it does NOT drain or spin .

Do you hear the motor trying to run or is the unit just silent after it locks the lid?

motor is silent

ok so that would mean that the issue is that when the lid locks the control may not be seeing the lid had locks .

does the lid lock light illuminate after the lid has locked?

lid lock light is on

ok so that would mean that the control board is seeing that the lid is locked and then it just sits there doing nothing .

And if you have done the 5 minute REBOOT and the unit will still not do anything after it has locked the lid you have an electronic control board issue.

The control board MAYl need to be replaced.

The unit being out of balance could have jarred something on the control board loose also .

Can you open the console and check all of the electrical harness connections on the control board ?

I just want to make sure it is not just a loose connection before I say you need to replace the control board

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?