Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a customer that needs a gfci installed so she can…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a customer that needs a gfci installed so she can install a dishwasher and garbage disposal. I need a wiring diagram so the switch controls one outlet for the disposal and the other half of the outlet is hot for the dishwasher. Thank you, Jerry

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I don't know. The dishwasher works because I am disconnecting the landlords and installing in the tenants apt.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, if I have a diagram I can figure it from there

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Attached is a wiring diagram on how to wire your outlet for both the dishwasher and disposal to connect properly. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?