Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker in our refrigerator keeps freezing up. Any…

Customer Question
The ice maker in...

The ice maker in our refrigerator keeps freezing up. Any ideas why?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Give me a minute and I'll get the model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how difficult it is. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've had someone look at it and they used a steamer to melt the blocking ice. I've bought a steamer and have used it for the same purpose, but it still freezes after about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is an issue with the sensor built into the icemaker itself if it's over frosting and icing up below the icemaker. There is a cooling line that comes from the refrigerator to cool the icemaker down quicker but the sensor built into the icemaker should tell that line when to stop cooling so it doesn't over freeze. Either way, the icemaker will need to be replaced to resolve this issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?