Billy Olenick
Billy Olenick, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Billy's appliance repair
99380438

I have a Fisher & Paykel dish drawer dishwasher, model

Hi, I have a Fisher & Paykel dish drawer dishwasher, model DD601V2. The bottom dish drawer has nothing on the LCD screen. The drawer doesn't make any noise when you open it (usually it does) and there are no lights on cycle types and pressing the buttons doesn't do anything.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: this morning it was making a strange noise, so turned it off at power for a count of 5 and now the LCD screen is red, but still nothing else works. I discovered it not working on Monday morning.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Fisher & Paykel model DD601V2. I would like to know if it will work again, or is it dead?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, I've given you all the information I can. No lights, no noise and pressing buttons doesn't do anything.
My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you out today with your appliance repair. We are on an honor system here and are only paid for our services once rated so please don't hesitate to rate me. I will continue to help you through your appliance repair even after you rate me. Thank you. You are going to need a new control board. A lose board will cause this but from my experience the plastic box that board sits in gets brittle. You can check for loose connectiona at the board and if there are none you will need to replace the board. Another thing to do first is power both units down at the breaker for 5 minutes then power back on. This trick does work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help Billy. I finally had a chance to turn the power off to the unit for 10 mins and turn it back on and it worked! The bottom draw lit up and made its usual noises! Woohoo.
Now that it has powered on properly, does is still need a new control board?
Thank you for your help, I am very appreciative of your help!
Only if the reset does not hold will you need a new board. Glad your appliance is up and running like a charm once more.